TERTIARY EDUCATION DIVISION
INSTITUTE OF HOSPITALITY MANAGEMENT and ALLIED COURSES (IHMAC)
Bachelor of Science in Hospitality Management
- Vision-Mission of the Hospitality Management Program
- Given the importance of the Hospitality industry as a means to national goals and aspirations and its role to world economy, the Institute of Hospitality management and Allied Courses aims to provide the necessary entrepreneurial, managerial and technical skills needed to be productive, responsible and effective members of the society in the Hospitality industry within the framework of the country and the international community. The Institute envisions itself as a prime mover in the development extensive skills training related to the Hotel and Restaurant Management education.
- EXIT COMPETENCIES
- It is the commitment of the Institute to provide its students with Opportunities for Enhancement:
- • Each of the skill courses such as Cookery, Housekeeping procedures, Baking, Food and Beverage Services, Bar and Beverage Service Management are based on TESDA training standards thus students are assessed and granted National Certification for each competency.
- • Students obtain TESDA National certifications while working on their baccalaureate diploma.
- • Students can obtain international certifications such as Certified Hospitality Professional from the Institute of Tourism and Hospitality Profession, United Kingdom and the Certified Guest Service Professional from the American Hospitality and Lodging Educational Institute, United States of America.
- • US Practicum tied up with First Place, Inc.
- EXIT COMPETENCIES
- Restaurant and Food Service
- • Dining Room positions
- • Managed Services Kitchen positions
- Lodging and Accommodation Services
- • Housekeeping positions
- • Front Office positions
- • Events and Conventions positions
- Public relations
- Sports, leisure, and recreation center management
- AFFILIATIONS FOR PRACTICUM
- • Astoria Hotel for Virtual Practicum
- • Acacia Hotel
- • Crimson Hotel
- • Bellevue Hotel
- • Vivere Hotel
- • SEDA Hotel
- • Paseo Premiere Hotel
- • Technopark Hotel
- • El Cielito Hotel
- • Global Catering Services Corporation, Inflight Catering
- • Max’s Restaurant
- • Shakey’s
- ACCREDITATIONS AND AWARDS
- • ISO 9001:2015 by TUV Rheinland
- • Level III Accredited by the Philippine Association of Colleges and Universities Commission on Accreditation (PACUCOA)
- • CHED Autonomous Status
- PROFESSIONAL AFFILIATIONS
- • Hotel and Restaurant Association of the Philippines
- • Association of Administrators in Hospitality, Hotel and Restaurant Management Educational Institutions
- • Council of Hotel and Restaurant Educators of the Philippines
- • Philippine Association of Researchers for Tourism and Hospitality, Inc.
- • Association of Laguna Technical Institutions, Inc.
|First Year||Produce food products complying with enterprise standards; apply standard safety procedures of Food handling; perform various housekeeping services for guest and facility operations.|
|Second Year||Apply management skills in Food and Beverage operations based on industry standards; produce a variety of breads, pastries, cakes.|
|Third Year||Plan and implement a risk management program to provide a safe and secure workplace; produce business plan and researches related to the Hospitality industry.|
|Fourth Year||Generate required reports/documents from a Property Management System used in the Hospitality industry; Converse in a foreign language aside from English; Stage an actual event using management, financial and marketing principles; Stage a function utilizing a full range of food and beverage preparation and service techniques using various management and financial principles and theories.|