Milagros Limaco Learning Library Commons (MLLLC)
Vision and Mission
MLLLC as the heart of the institution envisions the optimum development of professionals who are effective and responsible users of ideas and information to become life-long readers and learners, through:
- • Maintaining a collection of excellent quality supporting a wide range of interests and abilities, accessible to students, faculty and the greater Michaelean family.
- • Providing access to Internet, relevant and engaging materials through various print resources and online databases.
- • Promoting equal opportunities for academic support, productivity and growth for all students and faculty.
- • Supplying relevant resources in a variety of formats and technologies to meet the diverse needs of all learners and in which develops into an information-literate person, a lifelong learner and a responsible citizen for institutional improvement and social transformation.
- • To implement the general program and specific educational objectives of the institution.
- • To provide services within and outside regular class schedules to give the clients the opportunity to use library resources.
- • To give the students and faculty members greater access to the library collections through the open shelf system.
- • To make regular announcements of new acquisitions so as to attract the academic community to avail of the latest library collection.
- • To provide opportunities for using non-book collections for teaching and learning.
- • To give students and faculty members greater access to wider range of library resources.
Online Library Services
- • Access to Gale Academic OneFile Select - more than 5,600 multidisciplinary journals with 500 Gale virtual reference library ebooks and kids infobits books and journals for elementary pupils.
- • Web-based Library Automation System - allows access to the library collections 24/7 on Online Public Access Catalog (OPAC).
• Mobile services:"A library in the palm of your hand"
- • Online borrowing of books.
- • Ask the Librarian (Keyboard Warrior) - helps the students with their assignments and research needs.
- • Online document access newspaper articles, abstract of thesis and journals.
- • Delivery services - Pick up.
- • Digitization of library resources - another option to make information available upon request of the students, subject to copyright law
- • Reserve. The Reserve collection consists of books as required and collateral reading for their course. Due to the heavy demand for these books, they are not allowed for outside use. They are placed in a separate area together with the other circulating books.
- • General Circulation. The Circulation Section houses and circulates the books in the General Collection. The General Collection consists of books pertaining to the general knowledge and various programs/courses offered by the College at the same time other general collections.
- • Periodical and Special Project Section. Included are magazines, journals, and other forms of serial publications available locally and abroad through subscriptions. Bound Journals, Vertical File Clippings are also available in this section, since important articles taken from newspapers and magazines are kept in vertical file cabinets. They are arranged alphabetically by subject heading.
- • E-Journals. Gale Academic OneFile Select
Lost or Damaged Materials
- • Lost library material must be reported at once. Failure to notify the Librarian means accumulation of fines and the amount will be added to the cost of book. A lost book must be repaid or replaced one week after it was reported lost.
- • Failure to replace or pay lost or damaged book within the allowed period means suspension of borrowing privileges until such time he/she has settled all his/her library accounts.
- • Damaged, torn, missing pages must be reported immediately to the Librarian before borrowing the book or library materials.
All clearances of library users whose library records are not cleared by the end of each semester/school year shall not be signed.