SAFETY AND HEALTH STANDARDS FOR EMPLOYEES, CLIENTS, AND VISITORS
The following safety and health standards shall be implemented in all workplaces aligned with the objectives of the minimum health standards of the Department of Health:
A. Reducing transmission of COVID-19
1. Prior to entrance in buildings or workplaces
- a. All employees, clients, and visitors shall:
- i. Wear face mask and face shield at all times.
- ii. Have their temperature checked prior to entry. Any client or visitor with temperature >37.5°c, even after a 5-minute rest, shall not be allowed to enter the premises. Employees will be evaluated by the School Nurse and referred to the Biñan Doctors Hospital for isolation and observation.
- iii. Spray alcohol/sanitizers to both hands.
- iv. Visitors shall be required to register in the Visitors logbook. They will be issued a pass and a queue number for an orderly processing of transaction/s. They are expected to proceed directly to the center/office where they will be transacting business.
- b. Equipment being brought inside the school premises must go through a disinfection process.
- c. Vehicles will not be allowed to park inside the school campus.
- d. If there will be a long queue outside the office or school premises, roving officer/s should instill physical distancing of one meter.
2. Inside the workplace
- a. All work areas and frequently handled objects such as doorknobs and handles, shall be cleaned and disinfected regularly, at least once every two (2) hours.
- b. All washrooms and toilets shall have sufficient clean water and soap, Employees are encouraged to wash their hands frequently and avoid touching their eyes, nose, and mouth.
- c. Sanitizers shall be made available in corridors, conference areas, stairways, and areas where employees and visitors pass. Disinfectant foot baths will be provided at the entrance.
- d. Physical distancing at the minimum one (1) meter radius space (side, back and front) between individuals must be practiced at all times.
- e. Eating in communal areas is discouraged. It is best to eat in individual work areas and all wastes shall be disposed properly.
- f. Tables and chairs shall be cleaned or disinfected after every use of the area, and before as well as at the end of the work day.
B. Minimize contact rate
1. Prolonged face-to-face interaction between employees and with clients are discouraged and masks shall be worn at all times and not removed. Meetings needing physical presence shall be kept to a minimum number of participants and with short duration.
2. Office tables should be arranged in order to maintain proper physical distancing.
3. To maintain physical distancing, number of people inside an enclosed space shall be limited.
4. Use of stairs should be encouraged subject to physical distancing requirements. If more than 2 stairways are accessible, one stairway may be used exclusively for going up and another for going down.
5. Roving officers shall always ensure physical distancing and observance of minimum health protocols.
6. A money tray where payment can be placed will be provided at the Business Services Center.
C. On reducing the risk of infection from COVID19
1. Comply with all workplace measures in place for the prevention and control of COVID-19, such as frequent hand washing, wearing of masks, observing physical distancing always, etc;
2. Observing proper respiratory etiquette;
3. Coughing and sneezing into tissue or into shirt sleeve if tissue is not available.
4. Disposing used tissues properly; and
5. Disinfecting hands immediately through proper washing with soap and water or alcohol-based sanitizer immediately after a cough or sneeze.
These guidelines prepared by the Campus Development and Services Center have been approved by the SMCL COVID19 Crisis Management Team on 05 June 2020 and will take effect immediately.
Source: COVID19 CMT Circular 2020-001, 5 June 2020
Sgd. MARIA REGINA MILAGROS C. MANABAT, EdD
COVID-19 Crisis Manager
Sgd. LOURDES ALMEDA SESE, EdD